Thursday, December 01, 2005

Au Japon (2)

Sorry for not blogging for the last few days and going back on my promise...
anyway..

Oops, it seems that I can't remember much of Day Two, have to look back on my photographs...

So let's move on to Day Three, a visit to the magnificent Mount Fuji aka Fuji-sa. Before going up the mountain, we stopped at Lake Kawaguchi (Kawaguchiko) for lunch which included treats such as hotpots, sashimi (my first taste of sashimi) and Japanese soft-serve ice-cream. The ice-cream, in particular, was interesting. It had flavours such as peach (shuddup that's friggin common), blueberry (that's even worse)... but have you seen lavender ice-cream before? It was ok lah...the peach, though, was superb.

Going up to the fifth station of Mount Fuji at 2300+ metres above sea level, we saw coniferous trees, some of them already shedding their leaves. At the "fifth station." we started trekking, but only for a while lah...was the coldest temperature you can imagine that's above freezing - about 1 degree Celsius. At the fifth station, there were a few shops selling all kinds of Jap. snacks and Fujisa souvenirs. I bought some postcards, some mochi (Japanese rice cake, usually with red bean filling) and my mum bought a Mount Fuji thermometer.

That night, we slept in a traditional Japanese "hotel," at Lake Kawaguchi, 800 metres above sea level. The food was excellent, and my mum enjoyed a hot spring, or onsen, bath. (I didn't go for the bath. :) ) But the room wasn't too good. Even when I set the radiator to 28 degrees Celsius, it was still damn cold! Luckily the mattress was soft and I could sleep soundly.

There, there's the third day of my trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger ナナシ said...

You didn't use the bath? That's a waste. That time I went to Japan, the bath had hot spring water in it.

11:24 am 
Blogger ナナシ said...

Oops, didn't read properly. Just don't bother about what I said about the hot spring water.

11:26 am 

Post a Comment

<< Home